Monday

Perspective


It's all about me, right? I'M so busy, I'M so stressed out, I have so much to do, I don't have enough hours in the day, why do I do this to MYSELF - the emails, oh the bloody emails....BLAH BLAH BLAH!


I suppose the fact that the last time I posted was Halloween (Thanksgiving was great, thanks for asking) shows just how busy I've been and well, blogging always finds it's way to the back burner. Sometimes there are literally just not enough hours in the day.

Some people run out of hours altogether.

Not like "oh I'm so tired of making party hats, it's 3:30 am, I need to catch some zzzz's" but like - they give birth one day and die the next. Leaving a newborn and a husband behind. Or, they are talking with their husband and 3 kids one second, suffer a massive stroke and are flat in a hospital bed the next. These things happen. People run out of hours. Those left standing need help to get through the hours that follow.

Other people take the hours they have and they really make them count. I'm lucky enough to know one of those kinds of people and have been given an opportunity to help make a difference. I'll give you the run down - for the detailed version - head on over to MamaKat

Basically, a great group of women bloggers have banded together and are putting on a 3 day auction called BLOG BID HOPE - people like myself have donated goods and services for people like ourselves to go and bid on. 100% of the money raised is going to two wonderful causes (again, for the details of these causes, go here ).

Here's the exciting part for you! I've donated a $75.00 party package - fully customized, whatever you want - you got it! If you've been thinking of ordering, head on over there and bid on it! Use it now or for a party 10 months from now! You'll sleep great knowing that your hard earned money is going to help out some people that could really use it!

It's good every once in a while to be reminded of what's important. It's especially good to reflect on those things and shine a light on all of the good things we take for granted every day. If we are blessed with a gift to give - it's important that we give it. We can't really do much about how much time we're given - but we can do a lot about what we do with our time. I know that being involved -even in my little bitty way - has helped me put things in perspective.

More humility, less complaining(even when I'm knee deep in party hats at 3am). Things could be worse, much worse. In all things - give thanks.

NOW GO BID BID BID!

1 comment:

  1. hi, this is Sheila- remember the Very Hungry Caterpillar party theme?... with Kailani... I'm starting to plan out another party and thought of you. Anyways, I just found your blog (so I'm a little slow) and read about the whole legal deal while you were making the caterpillar party decor. I'm so sorry, I had no idea! I hope it all worked out ok. I'm looking forward to your shop opening again!! I LOVE your work!!!

    ReplyDelete